First and foremost, we want to know the types of records in your collection. Is it a collection of 1970’s classic rock LP’s? Is it a 1960’s collection of 45’s or do you have a wide assortment of Jazz LP’s from the 1950s through the 1980s? Do you have 1980’s hip hop or country LP’s? Then we will want to know the record collection’s condition. Are the vinyl records inside of their original sleeves?
“I’m not sure if I have LPs or 45s” . . . or maybe they’re 78s?
- LPs: “LP” stands for Long Playing. These are also often called “albums” or “33s,” since they play at 33 revolutions per minute. LPs are typically 12 inches in diameter with a small spindle hole in the center, have a number of songs on each side, and usually come inside cardboard covers with artwork/pictures.
- 45s: 45s feature one song on each side and, at just 7 inches in diameter, are much smaller than LPs. They have a large hole in the middle and usually were originally sold with just a plain paper sleeve.
- 12-inch singles: 12″ singles are the same size as LPs, but have only one song on each side. These were made for DJ’s and often came in plain or generic sleeves.
- 78s: At 10 inches in diameter, 78s are not quite as small as 45s but not quite as large as LPs. They feature one song on each side and were made of shellac as opposed to vinyl. They were originally packaged in plain or generic paper sleeves and are quite fragile.
Genres we currently buy include:
- Rock, (AC/DC, Steely Dan, Depeche Mode, Lynyrd Skynyrd, ZZ Top, Paul Simon etc.)
- R&B, (Sam Cooke, Erykah Badu, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, etc.)
- Funk, (George Clinton, James Brown, Cameo, Brass construction, etc.)
- Punk, (Ramones, Sex Pistols, The clash, New York Dolls etc.)
- Metal, (Megadeth, Slayer Black Sabbath, Mettallica etc.)
- Country, (Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Dwight Yoakam, Johnny Cash etc.)
- Jazz, (Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Dizzy Gillespie, etc.)
- Hip Hop, (Gang Starr, Pete Rock, De La Soul, A tribe Called Quest, Outkast)
Items brought in must include the covers, and discs in good condition.
We are not buying:
- DVDs/blu-ray, vhs, movies.
- classical, (Bach, Beethoven etc.)
- showtunes, broadway musicals
- Sacred country (white gospel)
- soft rock, (Christopher Cross, etc.)
- easy listening, (Mancini, Percy Faith, etc.)
- big band (Glenn Miller, Benny Goodman, Tommy Dorsey, etc.)
- old children’s records
- Christmas records, (we do buy them seasonally, in late fall until Christmas.)
- We do not purchase 45 or 78 RPM records
- Worn records and scratched cd’s
- We do accept donations. We either recycle them or donate to local artists, like Lori Love in Charlotte.
Contact us for more inforation–
REPO VINYL RECORDS GRADING POLICY
VERY GOOD+ (VG+)
REPO GRADES VG+ AS A RECORD THAT HAS NO DEEP SCRATCHES, SHOULD PLAY WITHOUT SURFACE NOISE, WITH COVER IN EXCELLENT SHAPE, (LYRICS SLEEVES, POSTERS, PHOTOS). EVERY USED RECORD THAT COMES THROUGH REPO GETS A DEEP VINYL CLEANING, NEW INNER SLEEVES (OIS INCLUDED IF AVAILABLE), VISUAL AND PLAY GRADED. STORED IN HEAVYWEIGHT 4 MIL. POLY BAGS.
Very Good (VG)
REPO GRADES VG AS A RECORD THAT HAS SLIGHT SURFACE MARKS, THAT ARE NON CYCLICAL OR INAUDIBLE, COVERS MIGHT HAVE SLIGHT RINGWEAR, BUT SEAMS WILL BE INTACT.
Good (G), Good Plus (G+)
RECORDS IN GOOD CONDITION CAN BE PLAYED THROUGH WITHOUT SKIPPING, COULD HAVE SOME NOTICEABLE SURFACE NOISE. A COVER WILL HAVE SEAM SPLITS AND RINGWEAR. Records in this condition generally end up in our dollar bins.
Poor (P), Fair (F)
RECORDS IN THIS CONDITION WILL BE DONATED TO A GOOD CAUSE.
CONTACT US AT:
3325 Commonwealth Avenue,
Charlotte, NC 28205.
(Due to the many factors that affect our buying procedures, we cannot give estimates on what we can buy without having the records in front of us.)
P.S Any items left at Repo 30 days after we call with an offer will be donated.